Last Updated April 21, 2014
Our Privacy Principles
2. Our app utilizes your Instagram, Foursquare, Twitter, and Facebook accounts to provide location data about people you know, and using Cloak does not generate any new location information, nor does it communicate your location to us or anyone else using the app.
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you connect your accounts, use the Services inside the app, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your username, password, email address, phone number, age and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Usage Information: When you use Cloak, we collect information including the time, date, and friends viewed/flagged. However, this information will never be visible to anyone using Cloak.
- Log Information: We log information about your use of our websites, including your browser type and language, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the website you visited before navigating to our websites.
- Device Information: We may collect information about the computer or device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, MAC address, unique device identifier, phone number, International Mobile Equipment Identity ("IMEI") and mobile network information. In addition, the Services may access your device's native phonebook and image storage applications, with your consent, to facilitate your use of certain features of the Services. For more information about how you can control our access to these applications, please see "Your Choices" below.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services, including to provide additional features and content for Cloak;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- Detect, investigate and/or prevent fraudulent, unauthorized or illegal activity; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Sharing of Information
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to legal process or a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, rule, or regulation, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- In order to investigate or remedy potential violations of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Cloak, our users or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We use Google Analytics to track usage within Cloak. This is so we can optimize future builds to fit in with users' behaviors, and general curiosity about how many users there are and what they're doing.
Third Party Services
To try to prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place certain physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our website, you can send email to us at email@example.com
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important to us. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information from those we actually know are under 13 years old, and no part of Cloak is structured to attract such persons.
You may delink any of your social accounts by editing your account settings within our Services. If you wish to delete your account, please remove Cloak from your device, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law, for legitimate business purposes, or as part of our regular retention practices. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
When you first launch any features of our Services that collect location information, you will be asked to consent to our collection of this information. If you initially consent to our collection of location information, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information by changing the preferences on your mobile device. If you do so, certain features of our Services will no longer function. You may also stop our collection of location information by following the standard uninstall process to remove our Services from your device.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our website.
Cloak may send push notifications or alerts to your device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your device.
Modifications To This Policy
14 Murray St. #166
NY, NY 10007